Calling all Blues Bands!
Since 2005, The Blues Foundation has celebrated unsigned blues artists through a competition called the “Best Self-Produced CD” of the year. The act for this competition can be a solo, duo, trio, choir, full band or other combination. The purpose of this award is to assist Blues musicians in the pursuit of their professional goals and recognize excellence in independent Blues recordings.
This award complements the International Blues Challenge–the live music component of IBC Weekend. The winner is announced on stage at the Orpheum during the IBC finals.
- Entries for the Best Self-Produced CD are permitted by affiliated blues societies only.
- Each blues society is allowed only one entry.
- The CD entered does not have to be performed by the band entered in the 2014 International Blues Challenge.
- The eligibility period is the same as for the Blues Music Awards-the CD must have been released during November 1, 2012 – October 31, 2013 time frame.
- Interested bands should submit 4 copies of a CD that fits all the criteria to CIBS by October 15, 2013
- More information and the complete official rules available HERE ->
Philip Snyder, CIBS Talent & Research Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org – 515.991.3509