SUNDAY – SEP 18 2022 @ 4:00PM
Lefty’s Live Music, 2307 University Ave, DM
2022 Iowa Blues Challenge
The Central Iowa Blues Society is seeking acts for the 2022 Iowa Blues Challenge. This competition will decide who will represent Iowa in the 2023 International Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN where up to 250 acts from around the world converge on Beale Street to perform before music industry pros searching for new talent, with the chance to win prizes, notable gigs, and make career-changing contacts!
Iowa Blues Challenge applications are available now. We will begin accepting submissions on a first come first serve basis beginning July 1st. NOTE: We cannot accept applications prior to the July 1st date.
- Application AVAILABLE NOW download above
- Application SUBMISSION begins July 1, 2022 (do not submit before July 1st)
- Application DEADLINE is August 15, 2022
NOTE: the application is a fillable PDF. You will need to save to your
device and then complete it and SAVE again to retain the information.
Once completed and saved, submit with your high resolution photo.
Please contact the Iowa Blues Challenge Chair with questions.
Julie Spong — 515-401-8495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Compete – Important Information
- Up to FOUR Bands will be chosen to participate
- Up to FOUR Solo/Duo acts will be chosen to participate
- There must be three entries in each category to hold the competition
- Only Acts with a COMPLETED application will be accepted; meaning all sections of the application must be completed and photo submitted
- Completed applications should be emailed to Julie Spong at email@example.com
- An act may enter the IBC a maximum of three times after which they are no longer eligible
- An act may not participate In the IBC three consecutive years
- Acts are limited to the state of Iowa
- Band: any act with more than two members
- Solo/Duo: any act with only one or two members
- A PA system, mic, drum kits and throne
- Drummers may bring their own throne, cymbals, snare, and kick pedal
- Each act is allotted 25 minutes for their performance. Timing begins when the first note is played
- Please review all rules and scoring criteria at https://blues.org/official-ibc-rules/
Acts in the Central Iowa Blues Challenge perform for a panel of independent judges and are scored using the same criteria used by the Blues Foundation at the IBC. You can find the rules and criteria at: https://blues.org/official-ibc-rules/. The highest scoring act in each category will be our representatives.