The Iowa Blues Hall of Fame
mission is to recognize,
honor, and celebrate our
Iowa Blues heritage.
Central Iowa Blues Society is CURRENTLY IN SEARCH OF A NEW HOME To exhibit the Iowa Blues Hall of Fame. We have an application in on an exiting new spot and will keep you updated when we know more!
The Iowa Blues Hall of Fame was founded in 1999 and has been a program of the Central Iowa Blues Society since 2001. New inductees are selected periodically by the Iowa Blues Hall of Fame committee and honored at a celebratory awards ceremony.
The Iowa Blues Hall of Fame exhibit was originally housed at Blues on Grand until its closing in 2010. The exhibit was rededicated in its next home at the Hawkeye Elks Lodge in September 2014. In November of 2021, CIBS was asked to remove the IBHOF exhibit from the Elks Lodge. The exhibit is currently in storage. A portable exhibit, that was introduced in 2017, is available for travel to events all across Iowa.
You can support the Iowa Blues Hall of Fame by volunteering, sponsorship, or simply by making a charitable donation.
Inductee Criteria &
CRITERIA – For consideration, nominees need to meet these criteria:
- Be rooted in a Blues genre style
- Born, held residency, or performed regularly in the state of Iowa
- Has played professionally for a significant number of years, so as to constitute a “career” in blues music
- Non-performing nominees are those that have made a significant contribution by supporting and promoting the Blues in Iowa over a long period of time
NOMINATIONS – All nominations must include the following:
- Completed nomination form (online or hard-copy version)
- At least one quality 8X10 photo (high resolution .jpeg or hard copy print)
- Any available website links, CDs, recorded materials, video, articles, etc. to support the nomination
- Mail or email any supplemental materials to the contact at the end of the form
SELECTION – Final selection for induction will be made by the Iowa Blues Hall of Fame committee. The Committee reviews all nominations and all nominations are considered annually. Each complete nomination will be kept on file for five years. After five years, a new nomination will be required for further consideration. Additional information can be submitted at any time to supplement a nomination on file.
Portable Display Request
To request the Iowa Blues Hall of Fame portable display at your event, please send an email to IBHOF@cibs.org for consideration.